I am Assistant Professor (Akademischer Rat a. Z.) at the University of Freiburg, Department of Comparative Politics.
In my current research I focus on the following topics:
(1) political elites in Germany,
(2) attitudes in transnational comparison,
(3) the collaboration networks within political science,
(4) Voting Advice Applications,
(5) attacks on refugees in Germany, and
(6) appearance effects in elections.
I predominantly work with quantitative methods like Event-History-, Multi-Level-, Sequence- or Network-Analysis.
Beauty contest revisited: The effects of perceived attractiveness, competence and likability on the electoral success of German MPs, Politics and Policy. Vol. 45 No. 4, 495-534 (with Thomas Metz). (*)
Patterns of Publishing in Political Science Journals - An Overview of our Profession Using Bibliographic Data and a Co-Authorship Network, PS: Political Science & Politics. Vol. 50, No. 1, 157-165 (with Thomas Metz). (*)